Re: What's the latest on the NYC loop fest?

At 6:24 PM -0400 9/23/01, David Beardsley wrote:
>Who has the ball? What's going on?

well, the ball seems to be in my court and David Torn's.

dt has much greater ability than I do to book places
successfully!

I'm going to beat on him again this week.  If that works,
we'll go with that.  If NOT, I'll pull together the pieces
and try to book it somewhere myself but I suspect we'd
do a lot worse in terms of nights and the space we'd get
(he was talking about the main space at the Knitting
Factory, the Old Office would be the best I'd get I'm
sure!)

But yes.  I definitely want to do this, regardless of
the venue or where it is.  I have a new act now if
nothing else!

>I hear the Knitting Factory is re-opened for business.

I was there today, though they pissed me off...
they had a sign outside advertising their happy hour,
so I went in with a friend and ordered beers... but the
bartender wouldn't give us the happy hour price ("that's
only on Monday through Friday") and sent a waitress to
correct the sign.  I didn't leave a tip and he raised an
eyebrow, so I told him I would have tipped if he had
given us the happy hour price that had brought us in
to there... "well, I don't have to serve you next time
either!"

very lame.  if he'd just given us the $1 off the two beers
I'd have given it right back to him in a tip!

        /t

<http://ax.to/fortune>.........a new fortune every minute.
<http://FortNY.com>..................Forteans of New York.