Re:EDP Next Loop Question

Title: Re:EDP Next Loop Question
I have my EDP receiving MIDI clock sync from a drum machine, and have been facing the same problem -- the best I have been able to do is go to a new loop, press record, count 4 beats of silence in the same tempo, and go from there -- and somehow incorporate the 4 beats of silence as a stylistic part of the music.  If there's a better way, I'd love to hear about it.

First of all - I am thouroughly surprised that the EDP and my DR-5 stay in sync for hours- I expected drift rather soon but it is working great- I am VERY happy about this fact-

I would like to go to a next loop but have it blank rather than copy the previous loop automatically- I WANT it to copy the first or second loop but on the 3rd or 4th I would like to create a fresh addition while still synced to midi- any insight appreciated-

Cliff