Re: Kim on EDP

Hi Kim (from andy)
andy:
> >Thanks for that Kim, but doesn't this mean I'd have to hit Insert and
>move
>  >that pedal simultaneously in order to go directly into Insert.

kim:
>  no, it doesn't have to be simultaneous. The pedal control on the loop
input
>  volume is independent of what function is running. So I would think you
>  could easily turn the volume down just before you do this insert. Or
>you
>  could use Quantize, so the Insert doesn't start until the next cycle
>  boundary. Then you could press insert well in advance and then turn the
>  loop input volume down before it starts.
Ok, it's possible, :- stop noodling; push on pedal; hit Insert.
I haven't found a use for Quantise yet, as I don't use a dum machine.
................I mean drum machine

>  also, since this loop input level control is always available you can
>  actively control it while you are doing the insert or multiply, so you
>can
>  continue playing and decide as you go what gets added to the loop or
>not.
>  in this case, it would be the same pedal you would have to control
feedback
>  in Loop mode. For me that is something I want to have available all the
>  time anyway, so a dedicated pedal for that seems worth it.

Yes of course, another lead, another pedal, and by next week I won't know
how
I did without it.

>  One thing to note, this loop input level control that is available in
delay
>  mode is actually an analog volume control. (necessary to have smooth
volume
>  swells that we wanted in this mode, with no zippering noise that you
>  usually get with midi volume controls.)  Unfortunately that means this
>  particular loop input level is not midi controllable. Feedback and loop
>  output volume are midi controllable.

Isn't the feedback setup different in Delay Mode too?
In Loop Mode the feedback changes at the loop end.
In Delay it can be used to fade out just a bit of the loop!
Do I get an "Undocumented-Feature-Credit" for that?
Can I pester Matthias for a MIDI controlled input mute to conpensate?

andy butler