Re: EDP question/Kyma implementation.

>  > I wonder how you treat all this in Kyma?
>
>Hmmm, we covered a lot of topics.  I'll try to respond to each.
>
>1) I don't see any need to initially record in REVERSE.
>
>2) I've thought a great deal about pitch-shifting, tempo-shifting, and
>pitch-tempo-shifting.  Kyma already has several ways of doing this so, for
>the time being, I'm using them.  As a design theology, I'm trying to
>provide
>only new features and capabilities.
>
>3) I'm trying to eliminate the need for an auto-undo.  At least as I
>understand the concept.  I've got the undo working for overdubbing and
>multiply.

I guess you undo the last *action* as oposed to my idea of the last
loop length of overdub. We discussed this and it certainly has its
benefits, but to me (maybe due to how I play) the undo of the entire
last overdub would be too much, since I often keep Overdub going and
when I play wrong, I only want to eliminate as little as possible.

Maybe you can do both?

>I have not implemented INSERT yet, though I have a scheme that
>should work.  (I've been too busy writing "foundation code".)  As you
>know,
>a true INSERT requires that the looper device is always recording.  Say
>that
>a loop has been recorded into buffer A and it's being played back.  As an
>implementaion of INSERT: a) the looper is recording internally from
>buffer A
>to buffer B.  b) If INSERT has not occurred by the time playback ends, we
>discard buffer B and replay buffer A.  c) Upon receipt of the INSERT
>command
>(during playback), the playback from buffer A instantly stops but
>recording
>into buffer B continues with real-time audio.  Upon release of INSERT
>mode,
>playback from buffer A commences from where it left off, again recording
>into buffer B.  At the end of buffer A playback, we commence playback of
>buffer B.

The Insert in the EDP has no such buffering. You may call it a
"false" Insert :-)
As far as I understood, the difference is only in respect to
StartPoint/CycleCounting, right?

>Actually, I rather like the blinking of the EDP's UNDO LED!  But then I
>really like blinking lights.  :)

oh, I can make a special version for you where all the LEDs blink all
the time :-)
My taste is the oposit: I tried to avoid any blinking, especially if
its not in the rhythm, since it atracts too much atention.
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org