RE: Computer Based Looping Software (was RE: What machine can do this please?)

Oh Devious One,

Here's the deal on Plasma.

The only reasons why you personally would want to buy Plasma (where you
already have SONAR XL, ACID 3.0 and Fruityloops) is the Plasma FXPad
plug-in
and the Bonus CD of ACID-format loops.

Plasma is essentially a scaled down version of SONAR (less hi-end features)
with Dance/DJ loop content, Fruityloops Express, and one new Plug-in (the
FXPAD)

In my opinion, $29 bucks isn't too much money to pay for a cool plug-in.

The Plasma FXPad is an automatable DirectX 8 effect. This will plug-in to
SONAR or any other DirectX 8-compatible program. It has a variety of
multieffect presets to choose from that have various combinations of
reverb,
chorus, flange, distortion, etc. You can control the effect in realtime by
clicking in the window with your mouse (kind of like a Korg Kaoss Pad) or
by
moving a joystick. Every point along the X or y Axis corresponds to a
different levels of parameters in the effects. So you can dynamically morph
your sounds. You can also record your movements with the mouse or joystick
as envelope data, so you can automate the effect and later edit the moves
that you did.

The FXPad also has an autocycle feature, you can set up a circle (or oval
or
line) in the effect window so the effect will automatically modulate
between
different points. You can set this modulation to occur at various time
intervals between 1 to 32 times per measure.

The Bonus CD of ACID-format loops has some overlap of the content that
comes
with SONAR XL, but there is a good amount of new loops from X-Mix and
PowerFX.

So that's the skinny on Plasma, if anyone has any other questions let me
know.

Now I have a question for you, what could we add to SONAR (or change in it)
that would reverse the 18:2 remix ratio you mentioned in your email?

Thanks,

Carl