Re: Question on EDP: Non volatile memory?

>At 7:28 PM -0700 9/29/01, Mark Landman wrote:
>>The EDP has many great strengths, it remains the solo looper monster
>>machine, however, off-loading loops isn't the EDP's strength. Midi (think
>>glacial speed, then cut in half) is the only supported off-loading
>>mechanism. The RAM is indeed non-volatile.
>
>Mark, you probably meant to say volatile here? The EDP uses DRAM on
>old-school 30 pin SIMMS, so it forgets when it gets powered off.

How important is this non volatiliy?
We have been thinking about creating some kind of an upgrade kit that
connects to the SIMM sockets but holds some non volatile memory.
How many of you would be interested in spending  $100-200 for this?
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org