Sent: Monday, October 08, 2001 4:38 PM
Subject: RE: 10 Favorite Improvisers Thread

people tend to forget that in the past, art music performers tended to be good improvisers.  today, kids are not usually taught improv in school...

** lame, isn't it? i had comp teachers who definitely looked down their noses at improv - - and, of course, cage and some others also did as well: "we tried improvisation and it didn't work" is the quote i remember hearing . . .