From: <AaroneousAG@aol.com>
To: <loopers-delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2001 10:06 AM
Subject: dl-4 left button malfunction

> L00p3rz,
>
>    After reading someone's post about Line-6's undiplomatic response to
inquiries by a member of our special community, I think it's time to
re-evaluate my praise of their monsterous green machine.  Specifically
because, a little over a year after my purchase, the far left button (the
one used for initial record and overdub functions) has become
intermittently
unusable.

>     Sometimes, it won't begin recording.  Other times, it won't end
recording and go into overdub, just continue recording as if I hadn't
pressed it.  Still other times, it will do this strange thing where it
becomes a short delay without infinite repeat, where both led's for record
and overdub are indicated, but the loop does not keep getting louder, only
delays infinitely until a new note is played, at which point that note,
completely by itself (without overdubbing over previous sounds) will delay
infinitely.

>     I have enjoyed this pedal for a while.  As a result of it, I am now
dependent on having a delay that utilizes tap tempo.  Preferably one that
also takes batteries.  But, after recently aquiring the Boss loop station,
have realized how constricting the 28 second loop time really is when
you're
dealing with a device that only handles single loops.

>    The programming function made absolutely no sense to me ever.  There
was never any problem with the middle two presets.  I just could never get
the programmed parameters of the left location (even before it went
kapputt)
to come back to me when I switched delay models, even after setting both
high and low.  That's when I learned that there you can only preset the
parameters once, and those parameters would apply to all the delay models
when you switched, so if you set the knob that made "bass" high on one
model, that might mean that "tape flutter" would be set high when you
switched presets.  Somehow, this explanation didn't make sense either.

>      So, I wonder if anyone has any recommendations.  1. Can the switch
>be
fixed?  2. What is the real programming deal with the unit  3. What delay
PEDALS that sound even remotely alright offer realtime control of delay
time
with either a tap or sync (I know Big Briar has a pedal control on the Moog
analog delay, but $600 is a tad steep)  Battery option is mucho importante
(I busk, camp, jam with drum circles, and generally like to play far away
from things like electrical outlets) . . . Thanks in advance for your
answers, and to tap into this very knowledgeable if slightly schizophrenic
brain trust

>                 Anyone?
>                     aaroneous
>
> P.S. Don't let the hair comments get you down, Kim.  You'd still make the
ultimate bartender at the Intergallactic Loopers' Saloon!  (Just wrap that
beaver tail in a net before pouring my scotch, if you don't mind!)