Re: Processor for synthy sounds

why process when you can go synth?  I'm totally loving my Roland GR-30.
It's
sounds aren't that exciting, but when configured correctly (If you don't
make
sure your pitchbend range are the same on both units it will track like
hell),
it will control any midi sound source.  The GR-33 is supposed to be even
better.  It tracks great on my Steinburger.  I ran one of my favorite
synth pad
sounds through one of the "synth" patches on my SpaceStation at the last
gig we
played and IT WAS THICK.

Paolo Valladolid wrote:

> I checked out the audio demos at http://www.chicipick.com and I rather
>liked
> them myself.
>
> Most of them featured a Nord MicroModular processing guitar audio while
> receiving what I'm guessing to be MIDI note on, note off, and envelope
>data
> from the Chicipick system.  A few also featured a Moog, receiving control
> voltage signals from Chicipick.
>
> Paolo

For cheap, a good fuzz and a volume and or wah pedal do in a pinch.

Mark  Sottilaro