re derek bailey in l.a.

Title: re derek bailey in l.a.

howdy,

since i had mentioned that he was to be here this week, i need to relate the following info to all who may have planned to hear him:

(all info from http://www.roccoinla.com/entert.html   )

DEREK BAILEY has been forced to cancel his flight to America due to illness. We are, of course, very disappointed, and hope Derek is feeling better soon.

In the meantime, we are still going to present these events, which promise some very interesting & unique music, even in the absence of Mr. Bailey.

Thursday & Friday Oct 25-26, 11pm, $10 admission

Creative Music Company
:
with

Dan Clucas - cornet, trumpet, flute
Joseph Hammer - electronics, tape loops
Chris Heenan - alto saxophone, bass clarinet
Ronit Kirchman - violin
Rick Potts - electronics, musical saw
Sara Schoenbeck - bassoon
Damon Smith - contrabass (from San Francisco)
Rich West - percussion

Saturday, October 27, 11pm, $10 admission
THE ACOUSTIC GUITAR TRIO:

Rod Poole - acoustic guitar, bowed guitar
Nels Cline - acoustic guitars
Jim McAuley - acoustic guitars