More Info On How Can I Do This (And What Do I Need)

I a picture is worth a 1,000 words, so a sample is worth... oh well.
Below is a link to my Briefcase online, where you can download an example
of
the effect. I have also included my attempt at the effect also. For those
who do not know what this request is about, I am including the original
email text for your review.

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/visionary.rm

Here's my dilemma : I am trying to recreate a delay effect, but I have no
ideal how to get it. I have included an example of the effect with this
email. I have also attached my attempt at duplicating the effect, to my
chagrin.

This is a fairly common effect, but I have never seen it processed live,
so
I do not know how to reproduce it.
The vocal "One More Time" is mine, I used Sound Forge Multi Tap Delay with
the Gapper/Snipper effect, but it does not sound like the one used in the
song "Stutter" (the Example Alpha), by Mysitcal and Joe. I have included
that sample also, for your review.

I just wanna know how this is done, and what tools I need to create the
effect.
I am using : Sound Forge 5.0, ACID Pro 3.0, FruityLoops 3.3, Cool Edit Pro
1.2a, and Reason.

Lucien E. Darthard
A Goal Is A Dream With A Deadline Placed On It.
Cell Phone
http://ldarthard.ohgo.com/

The below text is one of the replies I have received from my request.

I'm not sure upon reflection (pun intended) that this is a live trick.
Not
knowing how to make a multi-tap do this, I've done something like it with
post-recording processing as follows, using CoolEdit etc:

  1.  Record voice saying "Hello", using a strong "H" perhaps.
  2.  Highlight and copy the "He-" part of "Hello".
  3.  Rewind selection and Insert using Paste before the "Hello".
  4.  Insert enough silence between the "He-" and the "Hello" to suit you.
  5.  Copy the "He-" and the silence before "Hello".
  6.  Paste-insert it twice at the beginning of the recording.
  7.  Insert silence 4-5 seconds on either side of the recording.
  8.  Reverse entire selection.
  9.  Add reverb to taste.
10. Reverse entire selection (back to normal direction).

"leocavallo" <leocavallo@groundloops.com> put forth: