Re: Best effects processor.

Claude wrote:
> Italo
>
> I know y time sig and stuff its just that I cannot see how you would
> attain even with the extended values you described a delay time that
is
> something like 3 quarter notes + a dotted 8th
> wich could _also_ be described in a DDelay soft as 51 x 1/16 the exact
> delay time (in msecs) being calculated from the DDelay tempo (midi
clock
> or as a preset tempo)
> I like the strange "Canons" that can occur sometimes when you do
setups
> like that and play to a 4/4 drum pattern that synces the delay time
>
> I think this would be a much more instinctive way to enter delay times
> by choosing the ref value (1/8 ,1/4, trip etc  _and_ how many I want
of
> them as my delay time; also, when you search for the right delay time
by
> ear it would be more musical to scroll the delay times by increasing
the
> nb of eight you want than go thru all the intermediate values you dont
> want to hear (on stage)

Claude
I understand what you are asking for! It's cool!
Actually our DSP7000/7500 and ORVILLE processors allow these cool math
tricks! They are open platforms where users can totally build
algorithms with audio/control/modulation & math modules. It can be
easily done using Eventide downloadable freeware VSIGFILE, on a Windows
PC.
Eclipse has already MANY cool subdivisions and if you want to get DEEP
into polyvoice polyrhythms, those units are beyond anything you can try
on the market. We have programs for those tasks on the bigger boxes.

best regards
Italo De Angelis
best regards