Short review of the Boss RC-20

I paid about $280 (including the power supply which was extra) for this
nice
shiny new boss pedal. I was hoping for a lower cost boomerang for
practicing
and to use live. My biggest concerns were with how well it would work with
other instruments because for the most part it seems to be marketed as a
guitar pedal. All my concerns were answered and this thing is working great
after about 3 weeks of use. 5 1/2 minutes of sampling time, plus you can
save your loops! I consider myself a little spoiled after playing for a
year
or two with an EDP but I was not at all let down by this pedal. Its great
for practicing, but live performance is another thing...It only has two
pedals onboard, leaving the rest of its features as buttons which can't be
pressed with your feet. I bend over quite a bit to mess with things. The
other complaint is there is no undo function. Screw up and theres no going
back. The sound quality is good, but boss seems to be keeping the sample
rate a secret.

I really like this pedal. It certainly compares to the boomerang or the
line
6 DL4 and in my opinion it outranks both.  Its built very strong and I
would
trust it to use live. Every once in a while it has a glitch and puts a
short
delay in between hitting the pedals and stopping the loop, but it only
seems
to happen within the first few minutes of starting it up. Other than my few
complaints, boss has put together a very good product, especially
considering the price.