Repeater Memory & Flash Cards?

Hi, I'm new to looping machines outside of a computer & am interested in
the Repeater.
I've read all sorts of  things, but I'm unclear as to the full use of  the
flash card & it's memory.    I plan to use the repeater live with
percussion, so I'm curious to know if the memory of the Repeater is finite,
or if it can use the flash card as ram allowing you to create 4 track loops
over several minutes or more?    My aim isn't to store them as such
although that is always useful, but to have the facility to improvise over
expanding loops.    I've tried one out, the first loop on track one being
one bar, I then added parts on tracks two & three.   I then double the
lenght to 2 bars on track 4, so tracks 1,2,3 are just repeating their one
bar loop, meaning it's not using the memory of four  two bar tracks.
Until I decide to overdub to either 1,2,or 3, then all of a sudden as the
they become full length loops the memory usage is increased.    If I then
decide to double it again to four bars, the same thing happens as I turn
them all into four bar length loops, again to eight bars & so on it  starts
needing lots of memory.     So that's why I'm curious to know if I go out &
buy a 128mb CFC card as well, will that solve this problem?    I'm hopeful
it will, if not are there any suggestions, I live in Australia & there's
not as much choice when it comes to seeing & trying expensive & unussual
gear, unless you order it (& buy it).    Thanks

WAM