Re: Question: EDP powering up problem

Title: Re: Question: EDP powering up problem
Från: TomHeasley@aol.com

A couple of months ago, when powering up before a show, my EDP foot controller wouldn't work...Tim Nelson happened to be there and told me to unconnect/reconnect the jacks, after which it was fine - static electricity I seem to recall him saying it had to do with.  Maybe related to your experience, which doesn't seem OT to me.

TH

Thanks Tom. It looks like it is static electricity related. After simply reconnecting the power chord it's working again.

If its the problem I thought and Andy thinks it is, there is no need to reconnect the power chord. Switch in power a second time is enough. At the third switch at latest, the unit starts up, and once it started correctly, it works normally, so you dont have a problem apart from the anoyance with switching it on twice.
To replace the crystals as Andy suggests is not complicated either...
--

         ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org