Re: EDP in Repeater FX loop?

on 11/15/01 7:59 AM, Jason Fink at jfink@cabq.gov wrote:

> No problems with my Vortex in the Repeater effect loop!
> -jas
> Albuquerque
>
> Scott Martin wrote:
>
>> Mark, hadn't you previously reported difficulty with
>> using the Vortex in the Repeater's FX loop?  I seem to
>> recall that you had trouble with the levels of the FX
>> loop being too high for the Vortex to accomodate.  If
>> you've found a fix, please share - I'm expecting my
>> Repeater to be delivered tomorrow, and I'm anxious to
>> patch the Vortex in and see what happens.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Scott

I probably should have posted this, but with furthur experimentation, I was
able to get the levels correct but with the Vortex input level VERY low.  I
still have to be pretty careful.  I've been wondering how using a cable
with
a built in resistor might work in my situation.  Electrix recommends this
on
their site, but I haven't had the time to make such a thing.  I wonder, is
there a commercial adaptor made to bring line level down to instrument
level?  Is there a sound quality issue?

Mark Sottilaro