Re: original vs. good

on 11/19/01 8:50 AM, Steve Lawson at steve@steve-lawson.co.uk wrote:

>> BTW Steve-I am a closet Kajagoogoo fan.
>> PEACE,
>> Kungha
>
> Scott,
>
> I think deep down inside, we all are,

Or will be, once they got those microchips implanted in all our heads....

As to originality:
Sometimes I think that having so much recorded music available so readily
is
a hindrance.  Sometimes forgetting & confabulating are just what you need
get to a new spot.  Recycling/reshaping old ideas into new is not always so
simple if the spectre of musics past is either a turn of the radio dial or
buttonpush on the CD player away.

But I think it's possible & good to ignore a lot of that.  Screw the fact
that anyone can plainly see that all you've done is "steal" from Lothar and
the Hand People & the Love Unlimited Orchestra.   If it feels good, play
it.