Re: KC; Lawson's Missive and Originality...

hey yall-me bein a ess effin let me pipe in on <tipsy>. seen um a few times
and picked up their record and have to say disapointed-for me it was just
too derivative- i guess samplin things that i'm familiar w/ from its
original form i just never think the  sampling approaches the beauty of the
1st time.(for example the 1st song samples the 1st bar of a great ol'
tune-"sally go 'round the roses" by the jaynetts-now that song is one all
time great tunes and it includes tape looping i think and thats probably
why
they chose it) probably wouldnt be true if i didnt recognize the sample
tho'.
'course thats just me.