Re: heavy string instruments

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Sottilaro" <sine@zerocrossing.net>

> Hey, I put my bass on one of these.  Really good for your shoulder.
>
> http://store.yahoo.com/apollosaxes/gracstanupho.html

Interesting, but I don't think it's so much a problem of the weight of the
bass itself. It's more to do with my rather "less than subdued" stage
mannerisms I used (and probably still would if I were still playing live).
Seeing old crummy video footage of myself onstage brings tears of laughter
and winces in pain as I realise why things hurt now when they never used
to.
Problem being is that it's part of the way I play, if I'm "into" the tune,
can't sit/stand still :)

Doesn't present too much of a problem at the moment as most of my playing
is
seated while recording, but in the likely event I return to live playing, I
may need a stand like that anyway if I'm playing bass and some guitar
parts.
Plus the guys in hair metal bands back in the late 80s always had those
stands for the acoustic intros to those big power ballads. I always wanted
to feel like a member of Skid Row :)

Simon Kean
Shallow End Swimming (Post-Rock) - http://mp3.com/shallowendswimming
Ulcerate (Alternative/Industrial) - http://mp3.com/ulcerate