Re: pedalboard layout / customization

To make my raised level, I cut peices of plexi-glass and built it that way.
It's easy to work with and cheep (a chemical bonds the edges together), but
best of all you can see under it. I also drilled holes to run the wires
through then soldered the tips on in place for maximum stability and
customization, but you have to know what you want first.

I took all of the power suplies completely out of the board and mounted
them
mid-way on a customized dolly, the bottom of which holds the footboard and
the top of which doubles as a rack mount and keyboard stand. (If any of you
are product developers--mackie, fender, gibson, whoever!--give me a ring
(USA 415.902.1098)... this is only the begining of a greater design of
something that really should be out there on the market.)

My question to Mike Killian is what did you use for the board itself. I dig
my little riser, but the board itself is just an SBK deal and I'm not at
all
satisfide with it. It works, but things are a loose and a little
cumbersome.

What I realy need is a fully customized deal--maybe even remove the
electronics, wire the boxes together and mount them in a plastic molded
customized jobby or something. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

     Chris Darrow.

     (Ken Cumani does not exist.)

On Tue, 04 Dec 2001 16:52:59 -0600, Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
wrote:

>  > So that's it. In a nutshell, the problems are:
>  >
>  > -placement of effects send/return cables--avoiding ac lines/power
strips

>  I would try to focus in on what makes the most noise and put it last in
the
>  chain before the send cable back to the amp.  Also trying different
settings
>  with the trim pots on the Digitech(s) and the Boomerang.  My Boomerangs
can be
>  noisy if I don't stay on the trim knobs on the back.  Sounds like you
checked
>  the obvious, i.e. good quality patch cords, separation of the power
cables,
>  etc.  I use a Spinal Tappish dual level setup with a raised section for
GR-33
>  Synth and little stomp boxes, lower level for Line6 pedals and digitech
whammy.
>  It is a pain to move but looks way cool.  Power strips, wall warts,
>extra
cable
>  all fit underneath the upper level.  Haven't had any noise problems with
this.
>  Two Boomerangs go on a separate board next to this one.  BTW how do you
like the
>  Space Station?  I've been thinking about picking one up.
>
>  >
>  >
>  > -minimizing noise, both between effects in effects loop, and those
straight
>  > into amp.
>
>  > -pedalboard stock
>
>  >

>  > Any Ideas? Have any of you successfully dealt with any of these
>issues?
>  >
>  > Thanks,
>  >
>  > Paul

Send a friend your Buddy Card and stay in contact always with Excite
Messenger
http://messenger.excite.com