Re: Re:Newbie question; EDP vs Repeater

chrisolden@hotmail.com writes:
>As a guitarist looking to get into looping in a live
>  situation, which unit, the EDP or the Repeater would
>  be a better unit?
for me, neither is better; they're very different.
you should try them both, and maybe a boomerang, as well --- after
researching their feature-sets, and trying to discern what you think you
might wanna do w/a looping instrument.

ya know, like: a les paul is not a strat is not a tele is not a supro is
not
a klein is not a teuffel.

>I realize that this is going to be
>  somewhat subjective, but that's ok as long as I get
>  some feedback.
>Especially interested in what you all
>  think in regards to performance vs cost of each unit.
they all seem fairly priced, to me, as they all offer different features &
user interfaces.
EDP & boomerang are *very* foot-friendly, repeater is, also, *if* ya add
some
foot/hand-ctrls.
the pcm42, however, is way-too-expensive to replace!
*-)
personally, i won't sell my repeater, my EDP, nor my pcm42 --- at the
moment
(a pretty *long* moment, for me), they're all irreplaceable.

sorry if my response doesn't help too much!
best,
dt / splattercell