Re: Pod

i have to second this.
i also have the pod (v 1) and though i have not fully explored the
possibilities,
i think manual mode allows for some nice sounds.
i don't like the presets much at all.
the emulations are just ok but are much easier than hauling several amps
to a gig.
once the guitar is buried in the mix by a drums and vocals sound guy, they
are probably indistinguishable from the real thing anyway...

my only problem with this box is that you can't really overdrive it like a
real tube amp.
you can kind of fake it with the controls, but you have to think
differently.
(you can't just throw a tube screamer in front of it and crank the level)

i think it is a great looper tool, because you can loop the amp sound
without
having to mike it.  running a looper between guitar and amp just doesn't
cut it for me.