Re: ebow w/ baritone guitar

Aaron,

In a message dated 12/13/01 6:19:57 PM, aaron_sorghum@yahoo.com writes:

>Has anyone used an ebow on a baritone guitar? I am
>pondering the purchase of a baritone but am curious
>about string spacing and heaviness of strings
>affecting my ability to use an ebow on it.

There is no problem using an ebow and my Dano Baritone. The
strings just aren't that much heavier (14, 18, 26, 44, 56, 68).
And, in fact, the Ebow seems to actually work better on the
slightly heavier strings. Also, the spacing on the Danelectro
in not much different from their regular guitars. As for other
brands of baritone guitar, I have no idea.

Ted Killian

www.mp3.com/TedKillian
www.pfmentum.com/flux.html
www.mp3.com/Ophelia_Pancake