Re: CV

ahhh...well i'm sure sarcasm will get me nowhere, eventually!

no disrespect intended, for sure.

I've not seen a Stomp performance, but i've seen a boatload of dance
over the last 9 years.  Dancers happen to be extremely musical and
talented on the average.  When they're not...it's VERY obvious and
hard (if not sometimes humourous) to watch.

i guess IMHO, i would call what they do  "Tap on steriods".

taking tap and rhythm into the realm of what the Cirque De Soliel
troops are doing...the jaded public seems to need to be
"oooooohhhhed" and "aaaaaaahhhhhed" alot these days, and dance, as a
medium, is having a hard time catching up.  not that oohs and aaahs
are a bad thing in and of themselves, but dance has never really had
that element going for it.  with Cirque, and Stomp, and other troops
like Diavolo and LaLaLa, the "wow" factor has been taken up a notch.

Test Department, on the other hand, was a politically bent outfit
intent on making a purely rhythmic force burrow into your brain.  To
me, they had the same force and might of a marching army, but they
seemed to be very anarchistic and free thinkers.  Just well crafted,
extremely focused POWER.  no frills, no melody, just POW!

and my musings wander completely off topic, i'll stop now.  i
heartily recommend "beating the retreat" and "the unacceptable face
of freedom" however.

your mileage may vary.

respect,

rich