RE: the live approach

Hey gang, here's one:
I am without a New Year's gig, so I jumped at the chance to audition on
short notice at a local Irish pub (very small) this evening . . . brought
the Echoplex as well as the laptop for sequences.  Started with an Irish
favorite (The Wild Rover) on acoustic guitar and harmonica, played Brown
Eyed Girl with a sequence (but without the harmonizer--not in the rack and
had no time to put it in before the audition--boy I miss the harmonizer on
stuff like that tune), asked for requests, bla bla . . . used the looper
for
AABA of White Christmas (recorded rhythm while soloing with harmonica, then
soloed on guitar) and also for a live fadeout of All Night Long by Lionel
Ritchie (on a whim--I have an ending programmed, but wanted to end on less
of a bang, so I looped two bars and noodled over it).  All this while
wearing my Looper's Delight T-shirt.  No one flinched or raised an eyebrow,
so we're talking transparent here.  I guess the bottom line is, if it
didn't
sound bad, they didn't notice (!).  Guess I shoulda gone off the deep end .
. . no, wait, it was an audition!
Fiddle gig on Thursday--more reports from the front line--wish me luck for
Irish New Year's (I am sure that Auld Lang Syne is OK even in an Irish pub
on New Year's Eve).
Gary