Re: Total Newbee

Title: Re: Total Newbee
Hi Blue,

> Från: "blue wolf" <blueman9@hotmail.com>
> Does the Echoplex come with the foot pedal?

The EDP foot pedal is optional, but you should definitely go for it.

> I have a good mic, an amp, and a Boss digital delay pedal I use.
> Do I need any other equipment besides the Echoplex?

Sounds ok to me. As long as you watch out for mic feedback.

But please try not to buy a "bad crystals EDP". This problem has been reported earlier on this list (check the archives). Myself, I bought a new EDP not long ago and I cannot use it for concerts because I sometimes have to flip the power switch on and off for more than one minute before the machine lights up. Not the best way to enter the stage... ;->

However Gibson has promised to exchange "bad crystals" a.s.a.p. but right now there seems to be no "ok crystals" around. So you can spare yourself a lot of problems by simply checking, in the store, that the unit you are buying is booting up fine. Although I'm reviewing the EDP for a magazine that will introduce it to lots of young guitar players, Gibson couldn't find me fresh crystals.

Regards

Per Boysen

http://www.boysen.se
per@boysen.se