RE: Phil Keaggy

<snip>

A couple of anecdotes:  don't know if any are true, but...

1)  Supposedly Hendrix was being interviewed by either Johnny Carson or
Dick Cavett, and responded to a question about his own 'status' by
saying something to the effect of, "I'm not the greatest - Phil Keaggy
is".

>>I searched the net on this one, having quoted it for years.    Might be
apocryphal.  My quote is, "How does it feel to be the world's greatest
guitarist?",  "I don't know, ask Phil Keaggey."  But the Web quoted Phil as
saying he hasn't had the rumor substantiated.<<

<more snip>

I wish it were captured more on his recordings though.

>>Hopefully the new one will!!
Gary