Re: 'nother Newbie Question pt.2

Early in my looping career, I took ambient recordings and played over
them, similar to the way I played over British invasion stuff when I
first started playing guitar.  I think I learned a lot jamming over
Music for Airports.  It started when I put that album on a tape that
we'd play during breaks in between sets.  One day I was the first to get
back on stage.  To let the rest of the band know I wanted to start, I
started playing along.  One by one I was joined by the rest of the band,
we faded out the Eno, then transitioned into one of our original songs.
This became a part of our live shows for a while.  We then took the
training wheels off, and never looked back.

Mark Sottilaro