Re: Expectations, artifice, and a hell of a can of worms

Hi all,

In a message dated 12/30/01 8:02:30 AM, seahorse@channel1.com writes:

>I am in a band/duo that plays a dark, ethereal type of music.  We have
>vocals (Cheryl, the vocalist, uses a JamMan and samples parts of her
>singing to sing countermelodies to them and also loops and layers them
>in places) wire strung harp and electric bass (all Cheryl's domain) and I
>do the VG8 guitars using JamMan and Echoplex.  The material consist of
>songs and pieces, the presentation is gothy and artsy and is done
>primarily
>in clubs.

And they have a very nice CD out as well. Frank was kind enough to trade
discs with me a few months back and it has been one that I have enjoyed
listening to (and puzzling over..."Gee, how'd they do THAT?") ever since --
even though it's of a particular genre that would normally fall way
outside
of my own "habitual" areas of interest, I was glad to have been introduced
to their music. It's very unusual and inventive. I think their website is
at:

www.dreamchildmusic.com

I guess this is just another way of saying "thanks" again for offering the
exchange Frank.

Best,

T. Killian