Ted's reviews...

>>>** what i see is that - - despite this person's trying hard not to like
>it
(due to whatever personal reasons - - he seems to be quite tuned into the
tech behind the disc - - probably a guitar player!)  - - he was actually
**affected** by it. that *is* important!

** the last bit about making you want to get out your guitar and e-bow,
while seeming like a slam, may actually be great because it points to the
listener being inspired to go and make music . . .

also i think that it could be worse, it could say nothing about the music.
contrast this with a review i got recently that lumped my cd "pomengranate"
in with a bunch of "bass player" albums. it acted as if the album was
supposed to be a showcase for my bass chops - - a solo vehicle for me in a
blowing session  - - where is really is four concerti written for other
soloists (the disc is about my *writing*, not my playing) . . . <<<

I'm with Stig on this one - I thought it was a pretty good review spoilt by
some biases that the reviewer seems determined to apply against his better
judgement...

It's one of the perils of sending out review copies of CDs - some people
just aren't going to get it... I had a weird thing with my solo album in
that I got a few good reviews that rated it for being a 'bass' album, which
like Stig is not what it's about at all - do Sax players make sax music?
It's just music, not a showcase, but there's no telling some people... I
thought by including no slapping or tapping, I'd avoid that one, but
still...

So, again I'd concur with Stig, use the quotable bits, and don't worry to
much about the rest... just dread the day when a review arrives where the
guy obviously does 'get it' but still thinks you're crap... :o)

cheers

Steve
www.steve-lawson.co.uk