Re: OT harry partch centennial event

for those of you in northern ca (or anywhere w. of the mississippi!)
into partch, harrison, et al:

A brief heads-up: the Harry Partch Foundation is staging
another Partch Centennial celebration; while we are tech-
nically beyond the year, it was originally intended for
last September, so...

On Saturday, February 2, 2002, the event take place on
the campus of San Jose State University (San Jose, CA).
Guest speakers will include:

- Lou Harrison
- Danlee Mitchell
- Philip Blackburn
- Jon Szanto
- John Schneider

The afternoon will feature the guests in various formats,
the foyer will display the "I Was A Bum Once Myself"
photographic exhibition on Partch, a showing of the film
"The Dreamer That Remains", scores and other Partch
work will be on display, and the day will be capped off
with a concert by John Schneider and "Just Strings",
with Partch works done in the earliest period of his life.

Doors will open at 11:00 am, with events from 12:00 on out,
and a break for dinner before the concert. Final details
will go out in an email before the date, and check out
Corporeal Meadows

http://www.corporeal.com

for the poster, directions, and complete
info.

West of the Missisippi? Be there!

i caught the event last year at ucla, it was a good time...

cheers,
lance g.