Re: New track, using Bitheadz' Phrazer

>Hmmm, I played around with Phrazer demo a bit and it seemed straight
>forward.
>Didn't seem to suit the way I make music though.  I also toyed with Live
>by
>Ableton, and that seemed a bit better, though also not for me.

One of the things that REALLY drives me nuts about Phrazer is the "CPU
Limit Reached" message, which comes in an alert box and system beep.  An
indicator would do, but NOOOOOOOO!  They have to break your connection with
the whole interface to give you that useless message.  So it's obvious some
bozos in their programming shop don't understand the concept of "musical
instrument."

I bought it because I use their DS-1 software sampler.

>Speaking of thOnk, a week ago I decided to WAY upgrade my Mac based hard
>drive
>recording system, and went with a MOTU Digital Performer 3 system.  If
>you buy
>one of their audio interfaces they give you a competitive discount price
>for
>Digital Performer.  I used the extra cash to get the Nautilus Bundle of
>DP3
>plugins.  One of the included effects was a real time granular synthesis
>module that INCREDIBLE.  Really fun and amazing.  Like thOnk, but in real
>time.  Developed by the thOnk people, even.  I can see myself spending a
>LOT
>of time with this effect, as it's almost an instrument in itself.

Yupper, I've used Riverrun a LOT -- the tracks "Surge" and "Method 23" on
the Ampcast page are examples.

>It got me
>to thinking, is there any hardware box that does something like this?
>Stomp
>thOnk?  The Space Station begins to touch on a similar sound, but not
>quite.

Perhaps some list subscriber can take the design of such a thing on as a
side project ...

>Mark Sottilaro
>
>just john wrote:
>
>> One-third of the way down my Ampcast page (
>http://www.ampcast.com/justjohn
>> ) is "Lake Ambrose," which I did last night using Bitheadz' maddening
>loop
>> software "Phrazer."
>>
>> Expert loopers will easily figure out what I'm doing with the samples.
>> (The samples are thOnk (granular) warpings of my voice.)  I just wanted
>> prove that it was possible to do something with this program, tho it
>fights
>> me at every turn.
>>
>> So now if you know anybody making a horror movie taking place at a
>summer
>> camp, send 'em my way for a soundtrack.
>>
>> .
>> ---