Re: cycloops (and digressions)

>on 1/12/02 2:52 AM, jhno at ear@subminimal.com wrote:
>

>>> "Freedom is a scary thing - not many people really want it." -Laurie
>>>Anderson
>>
>> well, maybe freedom could be this optional mode...
>>
>> jhno
>>
>Hey, off topic, did others on the list buy the last Laurie album.  That
>quote came from it.  I was very disappointed in it, for the most part.  A
>few good tracks, but... not sure.  I felt the same way about Strange
>Angels
>(though others here disagreed) but I loved Bright Red/Tightrope.
>
>Mark Sottilaro

I have the lastest L.A. album, and have listened to it, but I don't
remember any of it.  So I must not have DISliked it, but it doesn't say
anything FOR it, either.  My faves are still the early ones, from Big
Science thru US I-IV.  What I liked about Strange Angels was that it seemed
to be her journey into "normal" songwriting and singing -- I could imagine
covering "Hiawatha" with just vocals over acoustic guitar.

(And hi, jhno!  I'm eagerly awaiting that Radial software release!)
---
* just-john@just-john.com  http://just-john.com/cn/rfe.shtml *