Re: Shared 'discoveries'

Miko Biffle wrote:

> Hey Tim...
>
> I wish I could say I've had the pleasure of hearing all their stuff, but
>am
> only a dabbler, or dribbler as it were...
>
> I just had the pleasure of hear 'Tipsy', the SF post-lounge band (being
> tipped off by Mr. DT... Thanks David!)
>
> Once again... finding the good nuggets ain't easy, but it's a lot easier
>on
> this list...
>
> -Miko

since you were on the subject of things scandinavian, my oslo-resident
brother
sent me a cd a few years ago of a norwegian folk quartet called bukkene
bruse.
name of that cd is "steinstolen"- and i have been quite impressed with it
from
the first listening-no looping per se, but there are certainly plenty of
ostinato figures woven in and out of the melodies...might call it
"loop-ish"?
anyway, quite lovely stuff, and worth looking for. it's on heilo/grappa
records...

cheers,
lance g.