Re: tap tempo to midi clock ???????

Title: Re: tap tempo to midi clock ???????
A while ago we went through this thread, and someone pointed out an English company, but the units were way too expensive.  (I think in the $400 dollar range or something)  You can find it by searching the LD archives.

At that time I asked a friend of mine if he could build me one, and (he's nuts) he did end up making me something that responded to a pulsing LED, which units like the Repeater and my Roland MC-307 both have.  Why didn't he just do it via MIDI?  Too easy for him, and he's obsessed with LEDs at the moment.  Anyway, when he finally got it to me, it was not sensitive enough to pick up the LEDs I have.  I sent it back to him for tweakage, and that was that.  I guess you get what you pay for.  Another problem was that he was using fibre optics to get the light from the LED to the sensor, and it ended up being too fragile of an affair to have any road use.

John Wagner mentioned that he was thinking of making a MIDI to Tap converter, but I never heard if he did, or was sucessful.  John?  I'd buy one in a heartbeat if it were so.

Mark

HI
    i am after a device that will allow me to synchronise all the device i have in my setup. i use several rackmount fx :eventide, quadreverb and soon [hopefully] a  fireworx, as all of these respond to midi clock i was wondering if there was a device that would allow me to tap in a tempo and convert it to midi clock so that all the delay times, modulation times etc etc would be synchronised to a global tempo.

does anyone know of such a device ??

David

one less than none
http://www.onelessthannone.co.uk