Re: Shared discoveries

>This brings me to my question: what other obscure artists are listmembers
>listening to who might be of interest to loopers?

First of all, anybody who's a fan of Tipsy should check out the "Organ
Transplant" CD's by Stock, Hausen, and Walkman. I personally like Volume 1
bit better. It's a very similar idea, except SHW's tracks don't get quite
as
repetitive as Tipsy's.

I also love "Descargas" by Los Samplers (aka Atom Heart). It's a CD of
cha-cha, samba and mambo music that's chopped up, severely tweaked through
granular synthesis and bit rate reduction, then rearranged to create new
cha-cha, salsa, and mambo music. Other great related band projects by Atom
Heart include Midisport, Geez 'N' Gosh, and Senior Coconut (best known for
salsa covers of Kraftwerk songs).

Alog - "Red Shift Swing" Most people who've heard this describe it as
'Oval
meets Tortoise'. There's a lot more to it, though. This disc is full of
warm
drones and skips, source recordings, and things that could best be
described
as 'musical dissolves'.

Dead Voices On Air - "Shap" A fantastic disc of organic, textural loops of
found objects, vocals, and simple string/percussion instruments. This is
one
of those guys who's live setup would simply be a few mic's run into
loopers,
and a pile of playable junk aroud him. It's about 5 years old now, but any
looping people who haven't heard it yet should give it a listen.

Matt Davignon