Re: Vortex revisited

> Hi there,
>
>  I've also found with the vortex probably due to the algorithms also is:
> =
>  if
>  you set up a loop within the vortex to repeat infinately, after a while
>t=
>  he
>  loop will degrade into a different sound all together and no matter
>what =
>  the
>  original source was, it degrades to a similar sound.

There's 2 completely different types of delay on the Vortex,
one with independant Input vol and feedback.
and one where  feedback and input vol work together ,
so that at 100% feedback the Inp vol is reduced to zero.
(I could even look in my notebook and tell you which)

using this second type you can have loops that go on forever, without
changing at all.

Maybe you're using Deja Vu B though (the Loopers most obvious patch), in
which case that IS the second type of delay.
To stop decay you'll have to set Feedback 2 to either 1 or 64, and also
Envelope to 1

really though, the gradual change of sound  usually makes things more
interesting, ..the loop changing imperceptably into a pulse
..or gradually getting more and more vibratoed (Atmosphere B).

and there's still nothing that compares to a Vortex,
nice to see it mentioned again

Andy Butler
<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/soundfnr/vortex.htm">Lexicon Vortex
Database