Re: EDP or REPEATER?

I'd vote for the Repeater for someone just starting to use a looping
device.
It's easier to learn how to use than the EDP, IMHO. The Repeater
documentation is also written more clearly than the EDP's.

I think the Repeater controls are more intuitive and better labeled than
the
EDP's rather archaic button/light construct (although that 'chasing' tempo
light drives me nuts).

True, as someone else noted, the EDP's standard pedal is much better than
the 'base' Digitech FS300 configuration that many use with the Repeater.
The
Repeater needs a MIDI pedal even to bump loops up and down, so, eventually,
one must get a MIDI pedal to control the thing.

The sound quality of both units is fairly similar to my ears. They both
sound very good.

One major plus of the Repeater is the ability to save loops on a CFC card.
It takes me a while to build a song with drums, bass, percussion,
keyboards.
Sometimes I run out of time (and inspiration) to then jam over the whole
mess. Being able to save the work-in-progress for another day is a real
godsend to this horse.

Paul - the 'Butch Band'