Re: Loopers-Delight-d Digest V02 #35

> Andy
>  I was able to replicate morphing putting two algorithms together in the
>  same patch and X-fading between them. Now, I know Vortex claims that
>  morphing is different from X-fade but I'm not sure if it does one or
>  the other. I would think it does more X-fade than real morphing.
Italo

Vortex does more than just X-fade, all the parameters gradually changing
from
one algo to the other. This works for the same algo in A & B, allowing
,say,
depth and speed of vibrato to both change smoothly.(which would be easy on
the orville).
(although I notice that the Vortex cheats on filter frequencies, and does
do
an X-fade even when morphing to the same algo)
It also morphs smoothly between different algos, in which case some params
will head off to a "hidden" value (which I think is always either 1 or
64).
Morphing echoes is not like an X-fade, as the audio that is looping is
transfered from one algo to another. again this happens when the echo algo
is
the same with just different times, or if changing between very different
echo algos.

So what happens during a Morph can be much more complex than an X-fade,
and indeed the sounds/textures produced certainly can benefit from this.
(although there's little hint of this in the factory presets)

Of course the advantage of the Vortex is that you can work out any 2
sounds
that you like , then have the (almost) instant gratification of morphing
between them.
(without having to spend hours of programming)

So as yet , nothing compares to a Vortex:-)

Mind you , if I had an Orville.

andy