Re: Cables

having moved a studio from US to UK, and then added equipment in UK, I can
comment.
1) started by having a big beefy power transformer and isolation
transformer
after it to condition the power and keep a 110V power bus around

2) started figuring out how to make things work on 240V, (little red
switches, power supply jumpers on the pcbs, some just needed the right
cables)

3) some things just refused to work on 50hz. Qsc monitor amp was one.
Bought
a new monitor amp.

4) got REAL CAREFUL about looking at power ratings on new gear to make sure
they run 90-250V, 50/60Hz. No excuses from manufacturers for not doing so.

so after 4 years I'm almost, but not quite, 100% multivoltage (some old
stuff I can't bear to part with, like the Effectron)