Re: Pad controlling of a jamman??

At 08:06 AM 1/26/2002, Peter Van Woensel wrote:
>Hello Looper's
>
>i am a percussionplayer
>and i use a jamman .
>great!
>does anyone know how  i can use two pads of my  Octopad to start and stop
>the recording and looping in stead  of using the  pedals?????

well, the octapad sends out midi commands when you hit a pad, and the
jamman can use midi commands to start and stop recording, so somehow it
must be possible. I'm not familiar with what midi commands the octapad is
capable of sending, so I don't know if it can directly send the
appropriate
commands that the jamman wants to receive. Hopefully so, in which case
it's
easy. If not, you may need to get some kind of midi command translating
widget to convert what it sends into what the jamman wants, and I think
there are several methods/devices to do that.

kim