repeater vs echoplex

Hi everybody,
i'm a vibes/marimba/percussion player just diving in the loop world for the first time by trying to do a solo-projekt with loops...
i'm just testing the repeater...tested the old oberheim echoplex before...would be interested in your opinions out there:
somehow i'm not able to get the same crisp, clear sound on the repeater as on echoplex...do they have different sample rates?
has anybody some experience (live situations...) with the repeater...is it reliable...the echoplex seamed faster, more exact to me..?
Can you midi-trigger them with, let's say a roland oktapad or  roland sds 6 or drumcat? (midi-footswitches are no solution for me: need my feet- one for the vibes pedal...the other for keeping me from falling ..:)
can you still purchase the echoplex(gibson) in the States?
If yes, where is a good dealer?
Here in europe gibson gave it up again, it seemes.
Would be nice to get some thougts, answers...what ever.
Greetings from Berlin
franz

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Bauer;Franz
FN:Franz Bauer
TEL;HOME;VOICE:030/ 695 996 01
TEL;CELL;VOICE:0179/ 2150 556
TEL;HOME;FAX:=tel
ADR;WORK:;;;;;10961
LABEL;WORK:10961
ADR;HOME;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:;;Urbanstr. 170=0D=0A10961
Berlin;Berlin;Berlin;10961
LABEL;HOME;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Urbanstr. 170=0D=0A10961
Berlin=0D=0ABerlin, Berlin 10961
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:franzbauer@gmx.net
EMAIL;INTERNET:franzb68@aol.com
REV:20020128T233823Z