Re: New Yamaha looping/delay device

At 8:59 AM -0800 1/29/02, Marklar wrote:
>Will this thing do time based delays and modulation based on a midi
>clock? (note I didn't say "synched") and WILL it synch it's loop via
>midi?

According to the MIDI implementation chart in the manual, it neither
sends nor receives MIDI clock. There is an internal Sync function
that allows multiple modulation effects to be synchronized, but
although it is possible to program a phase offset between them it
doesn't to allow proportional relationships between rates (e.g.
2:3:5). Tap tempo appears to affect the delay time setting only, not
modulation rates. Please correct me if I'm wrong. The manual is at:

http://www.yamaha.com/menuitems/manuals/guitars/UDSTOMP.pdf

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com