Re: Laptop Latency

Title: PERCUSSIVE LOOPERS

Subject: PERCUSSIVE LOOPERS

YOU ARE USING A DELL LAPTOP RIGHT??

Yea, I got a
Dell Inspiron 7500 Notebook--Pentium III processor with SpeedStepT, 750MHz, 15.4" SXGA  256MB, SDRAM, 1 DIMM, Video Memory: 4MB ATI Mobility-P 3D Video with 2X AGP Primary Hard Drive:30GB Ultra ATA Hard Drive, Additional Hard Drive: Modular 30GB Ultra ATA Second Hard Drive.
I bought it in August 2000, so for sure it could be had today for a fraction of what i paid. I got a Digigram VX Pocket card (v2) to use with it, and although it does have an ASIO driver, I can't seem to get under 20ms. That's why I'm thinking about going with the RME Multiface (I get about 6ms latency on my Dell P-IV desktop using the RME Hammerfall). I really want to trigger Battery on my Laptop via my Zendrum, but I can't get comfortable triggering drums in real time with 20ms latency. Anybody else triggering in real time from a PC laptop, and if so, what sound card solutions are you using and what latency are you getting?

YES...FOR SURE...ALAN IS OUR NEWEST AND HE DID THE ZENDRUM WEBBPAGE,,,NICE JOB BY THE WAY...SPEAKING OF ...VERY SOON WE WILL HAVE ...ARE YOU READY???     SOUNDS ONBOARD!!!!!!
YOU'LL BE ABLE TO DOWNLOAD KITS AND UPDATES DIRECTLY FROM THE WEBBPAGE...WE HAVE ALREADY DONE SOME CUSTOM SAMPLING OF SOME KITS AND I THINK WE ARE ALSO GOING TO SAMPLE SOME OF MY OWN INSTRUMENTS AS WELL AS MY KILLER DW SHORTSTACK KIT I JUST GOT LAST FALL.
Alan did a phenomenal job on the Zendrum Website, it is one of the best I've seen.
Can't wait to start downloading samples. Are there any updates in the works at this time?

Too bad no DrumCamp with Roy this year.
I met him in 1977 (Vic too) when I was living in Newport News VA. Used to go over to their house for Jams in the garage. He was ('is', I'm sure) a monster player on 'real' drums too. Vic was about 11 yrs old at the time, and totally amazing. I remember going to hear them play (the Wooten Bros) at a high school dance that year, and they tore it up, playing everything from EWF to RTF, Weather Report and Beyond.

KOSA is definitely a great hang. Just be sure to bring a window fan if you're staying on campus (Castleton State College, in VT), as there is no AC in the dorm rooms. It be great to see you up there Tom.