Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com

Title: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
From: just john <just-john@just-john.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 20:44:31 -0500
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: Handsonic looping (was Re: finally, loop NY)

>I've used the sequencer in the Handsonic this way. (Warning: Don't leave it
>sitting in record mode with recording active. I managed to fill up memory
>doing this and the machine became rather unhappy.) I find it quite annoying,
>however, that there's no provision for erasing elements let alone live loop
>construction options like multiply. And as you also noted, it's frustrating
>that you can't switch parts while recording using the sequencer.

Over in the Hansonics egroup, I'm slowly compiling a wish list for future
Handsonic software releases and/or Handsonic Mark II.  This'll be on it.

>A really good MIDI looper could do so much. After all, the data rates are a
>lot smaller than the rates for audio. Some of the things I would like in a
>good MIDI looper include:

Most of what you're talking about could probably be done via Performer.

>P.S. On top of this, I really wish I had a better way to map my Handsonic to
>the sounds in my Emu Planet Earth. The Emu box has some really great sounds
>in it but it's going relatively unused because it's proven somewhat
>inconvenient to access from a control standpoint.

I have the Emu card of that soundset in my XL-7.  It has looping
capabilites of its own, vastly superior to the Handsonic (tho I didn't get
the Handsonic for its looping or sequencing.) It also features a
goofy-looking "keyboard" -- actually rubber pads -- for direct note
entry/playing.

As for MIDI mapping, I still want to see a little box that does that job.

---
* just-john@just-john.com  http://just-john.com/cn/rfe.shtml *

JUST JOHN...WHAT IS THE ADDRESS OF THE HANDSONIC GROUP??TR