Re: plex repeater rig..

I recently ripped apart my racks and am reassembling
them, mostly because I couldn't route things the way I
wanted - which is to send dry signal of a number of
synths or mics to the EDP, or to the Repeater, or send
wet and dry, or just wet.  I also want to send the EPD
out, processed or not into the Repeater, and vice
versa.

While the switchblade looks sweet, I couldn't justify
the price at the moment, so bought a 1U patchbay.
>From my Mackie LM3204 mixer I'll have Aux send 1
half-normalled at the patchbay to my Lexicon mpx1 FX,
and Aux send 2 half-normalled to the repeater.  Then
I'll tap the out of the Aux send 2 at the patchbay and
route that to the EDP in. That way I can send signal
to both the EDP and Repeater, muting the dry signal in
both units.  All FXs, Repeater, and EDP each have
their own channel in(s) at the mixer.

The patchbay will also allow me to insert the RNC
compressor, micromodule, Lex, or any signal processor
into any channel I want, including the EDP and
repeater - (I've found the world is nicer if I
compress the signal going into the EDP).  I can also
send any mixer channel, including the out of the EDP
to any effects, or to the repeater, or both, or any of
the outs of the repeater to the EDP or any effects, or
both.

At least that how it looks on paper now.  Makes my
head spin, but I believe after i actually work with
this setup it'll become second nature.  Or not.

stephen