Re: plex repeater rig..

>While the switchblade looks sweet, I couldn't justify
>the price at the moment, so bought a 1U patchbay.

Neat!  This is just about exactly the setup I've been using for about 6
months now.  I've got a 1402 mixer and an 8u rack with EDP, repeater,
mo-fx,
filterfactory, and a patchbay.  I origionally thought that the patchbay
combined with mute, aux sends, pre/post sends, etc. would give me ultimate
on-the-fly flexibility to my signal chain.  While in theory it does, I've
found that it isn't exactly on-the-fly.  I found that I spent a lot of
time
futzing with patch cables when I should have been playing my instrument:)
Half the time, I'd finish a rather complex patch setup and nothing would
work because I'd forgotten to mute a certain channel, or what have you.
That takes away from the mating dance somewhat:)

What this setup really gives me, is the freedom to invent signal paths and
quickly try new things in my free time (Ha Ha: free time?).  I've found
that
I usually settle on one of two signal paths, and so now I've adjusted my
setup to "patch" between these two really easily.  Anyway, my advise is,
expect this thing to be incremental and treat the patchbay as a tool for
exploring your options.  Have fun!

One other thing.  I've been trying to figure out how I can hook up the EDP
and repeater such that I can command one to sync from the other, OR
vice-versa easily.  In theory, I'm hoping I can hook up the EDP Out to the
Repeater In, and the repeater out to the EDP in.  Then by toggling the EDP
sync in/out and the repeater's user/midi mode I should be able to do this,
no?  Anyone?  How about a way to do that and still get a midi control
input
to the EDP/repeater?

jon