prog-rock (way off-topic)

hi all...considering most of us have relatively similar taste (we're closer
together than, say, any random assembly of individuals at least), i'm
really
digging for some new (new to me) progressive rock bands.  i do love kc from
early 80's, i don't like dream theatre-types, so any suggestions are
welcome.  progressive rock is the one field i'm not terribly familar with
(as opposed to jazz, independent rock, classical which i have a pretty firm
grasp on).

thanks for the suggestions.

-jim