Re: prog-rock (way off-topic)

> Van Der Graaf Generator/Van Der Graaf fell in and out of the prog-rock
>and
spacerock categories, but as they tended to be all over the place, I would
hesitate to use the prog label as a focus.  Both the drummer and sax/flute
player were quite accomplished jazz players, the keyboards player went on
build organs for churches, and the vocalist, Peter Hammill, turned up at
one
point with an opera in hand.

I may not be following popular definitions of prog, but I believe so many
creative blends of genres ARE progressive. I wouldn't want prog to be such
large definition that *everything* falls in...

I tend to think of space-rock and kraut-rock all as components of
prog-rock,
with Van Der Graaf Generator right at the top of the list! Peter Hammil is
such an amazingly powerful singer and performer... Just him and a piano
doing renditions of the band pieces is simply awe inspiring.

-Miko