Re: Loopstock aftershock - gestural control

I agree- the key being that with the TR-626, 505, and others you can
program
the pads to send whatever Midi note you want- I guess if there is a drum
machine that can be programmed to send CC or PC messages with their pads
that would be trick as hell- I'm stoked on the idea of having a compact and
inexpensive hand controller for the EDP/Rptr- and will continue to research
this idea.

As for the visual aesthetic- it really helps to see what is being done- I
discussed this with some people at SLO about having a video camera trained
on the performer's rig with a screen behind so you could take in more of
the
entire performance- I tried to turn mine sideways to allow at least some in
the audience to see that part- it is like seeing something live as opposed
to recorded- there is so much more to appreciate with the performer's live
and easier with traditional instruments like guitar etc. but much more
challenging with things like the EDP-

I think Jon bridged this gap a bit with his custom EDP trigger pads above
his snare- you could really see what was happening with him catching loops
etc-

I can see a dramatic extension of this idea if you made triggers with
lights
or made them extra large- a "Simon Says" game might work nicely- the one
after the first generation that had like 6 or 8 rectangular buttons- hmm-

Cliff